- Most widely-used basic acid-resistant brick (for both organic and inorganic acids except for hydrofluoric);
- Limited alkali resistance;
- Good abrasion resistance;
- Limited thermal-shock resistance.
- Superior resistance to acids (including oxidizing);
- Resistance to chlorine;
- Resistance to thermal shock and pressure changes;
- Low thermal and chemical expansion;
- Its high porosity requires installation of a membrane.
- Most chemical-resistant brick;
- Resistant to strong acids, including hydrofluoric, and bases;
- Highly resistant to thermal shock;
- Used for high pressure acid leach process vessels.
SILICON CARBIDE BRICK
- Higher grade acid-resistant brick;
- Good thermal-shock resistance;
- Used with abrasive slurries to provide mechanical protection.