- High insulating properties.
- Used to reduce thermal stresses as well as heat loss on exteriors.
- Good chemical, abrasion, and thermal shock resistance.
- Can be utilized in immersion service when in a less aggressive environment.
- Primarily to withstand extremely high temperatures.
- Low thermal conductivity for greater energy efficiency.
- Holds up well during rapid temperature changes.
- Used in applications with extreme mechanical, chemical, or thermal stress.
- Used to line furnaces, kilns, fireboxes and incinerators.